Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Repost

I was riffling through my old posts in this blog (it's my 8th year on this blog, can you believe that?) and I found a post from, well, not too long ago. 

I couldn't stress this enough to you: I always write fiction. If it's labeled under the word Scribble, or 10 Hari Menulis Flash-Fiction in my early days, then you should be sure that it's totally, purely, incontrovertibly a fiction. So please don't go asking me if that was my real story or not, or 'kepo'-ing me, or teasing me then saying I was 'galau'. Because I wasn't. It was a form of expressing feelings, just like people singing. For me, it's writing. Yes I did sing too, but my singing was terrible--horrible.

Sayang, Kamu Tidak Tahu wasn't something I could rephrase, something I could not write all over again. It's a one-time feeling; I wrote it without pausing, and there it was. That time was an exception. I did include some personal story in there more than just a tiny bit. Usually, I included some personal experience, really tiny so if you know me you wouldn't realize I had included it in there, but enough to make me wrote it as if it was real. 

So far, it is my favorite fiction post. It's sad, depressed, and overall really captured a girl in denial--saying she was sincerely happy looking at her 'best friend' being in love with her ultimate love, that was totally naive or just bullshit. Too bad it's not poetic, or containing some big words you can only find in Thesaurus or Cerpen Kompas because I sucked at things like that. 

I am aware how I come across a bit narcissistic in this post, but believe me I don't mean it. If I meant it, I would have put all my fiction posts under the label 'Masterpiece' or 'Chef d'oeuvre' or anything but Scribble. You know what scribble means, and you know what a scribbler is. 

But I hope you somehow enjoy it.

... Or bored enough so my meaningless scribbles could amuse you.

2 comments:

  1. funny you...
    people said you write what you see.. what you feel.. what you imagine.. what you want...
    so.. what happen to you?
    hahaha...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. but I said I was expressing my feelings .___.

      Delete

What do you think?