Monday, December 31, 2018

New Year's Eve

Here in my room, with a cup of Family Mart's green tea latte and two balls of onigiri, I guess I'm ready to write the first and last post in 2018 on this blog. This is more of a moral obligation than anything, really, because I can't let a year passed without writing anything and make the drop down list on the Archives sidebar skipped 2018. Well, it's okay to be a little bit meticulous, right? 

What did I do in 2018? Quite a lot, actually. Let me make a list, because how long had been since I last made a list on this blog? What a nostalgia.

Things I Did in 2018 That I Didn't Mind to Shareand Probably Wanted to Sort of Brag

1. I went to my first Japan winter trip. 'First' because who knows if I'll be back later, you know? But most likely not in winter because as someone who spent her whole life not only in a tropical country but also right at the Equator line, cold is really not my forte. I mean, sure, snowflakes are pretty and it's nice to not sweat after walking kilometres, but autumn's my limit. Winter is best spent at home under  a blanket and a cup of ocha and not walking around town and risking getting a frostbite.

2. I met 2 out of 6 of my favourite boys! Yeah, you know, VIXX. Might want to look up about them later, wouldn't you? Or not. Totally up to your choice. But you know, you would never regret it. Okay? Okay. So, I met them while in Japan, in Osaka to be exact. It was a handshake event and I got to shake their pretty hands three times—thanks to my dear friends that because of them I got to buy three albums and get three handshakes event ticket. It was great. I was literally walking alone, in a rather harsh winter, looking for the event's venue in a foreign country that I didn't speak the language of. That experience is almost as memorable as meeting the boys, really.

3. I graduated! Finally! After all the blood, sweat, and tears, I have finally graduated. Do I feel satisfied with my grades or my thesis? No. But at least it's finally over. Okay now I should stop talking about college because it's giving me PTSD.

4. I start working for the Headquarters. It was not my preference because at first I'd rather work in the convenience of my hometown, but now that I actually experience it, it isn't even that bad. The work I do here is more... challenging, I guess? And it's not monotonous. It also gives me chance to learn a lot and even let me expand my network. It is way out of my comfort zone, but I feel like I'm fine with it—I enjoy it, even. Maybe because I'm starting to feel comfortable in this big city and all of it's perks? Most of my friends are here, too. And I do love the feeling of living alone while trying to make it by myself. Oh, and probably I should mention this sooner: the job pays better. So... yeah.

5. I am embracing the lone girl aesthetic to the fullest, and I love it. I start to genuinely enjoy going anywhere alone. I feel accomplished, somehow, when I finished doing things by myself. I used to only have the gut to eat alone in public place at lunch, but now, dinner is fine, too. If I want to eat something, I just can go, with companion or not. It's not like I can not afford it. Ah, to be young and financially stable, very liberating, indeed.

Hmm, maybe that's all? Truth to be told, I just want to spend some time while waiting my boys (say it with me? It's VIXX) to perform on Korean broadcast year end's stage. It's probably still half an hour later, but well, this has been nice. The feeling of having written something is always nice, I wonder why I don't do it often? Right, because I'm lazy. The root of all problems in my life. 

My wish for 2019? I don't know. I just want to live a fulfilled, happy life, doing my best while being surrounded by people I love, VIXX included. 

I hope 2019 will be a good year for us all. Happy New Year!






No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?