Friday, June 28, 2013

Smoky Girl

I feel like sharing this video just because I can.


But, seriously, I love it. The song is great, the dance is sleek, and they look good, especially the one with fedora+bunny teeth and the pink-haired guy.

You may think I want to trap you into Kpop fandom. I don’t. This is one of the few Kpop songs I don’t feel embarassed to share to my non fan friends, so I hope you would like to give it a listen.

------

As you might have guessed, MBLAQ is indeed my most favorite group at the moment. Or maybe forever. Please don’t judge my musical taste just because I listen to Kpop songs. I don’t become a fan of a Kpop group for the music, of course, who does? Most people I know love Kpop for visuals. Good-looking Korean girls and boys dancing in sync, with fancy outfits and seductive moves; the catchy hook song is actually the complement.

from Sexy Beat album jacket
I don’t solely based my liking on visuals, though. Actually, MBLAQ members aren't considered the most gorgeous people in South Korea, but at least I know they haven’t undergone any cosmetic surgeries—I’m not sure how but people who have gone under the knives are obviously weird looking to me. Besides, I love all their song releases; maybe not an award winning quality, but more than decent enough to listen without hurting my eardrums. Another important point to give them more credits: they are fun to watch in variety shows. I could go on forever about why they are so precious, therefore you need to give them more love... but I don’t want to sound like a rabid fangirl even more.

Anyways, MBLAQ will come to Indonesia in July 3th. Last year I was able to come to their concert and see them in the flesh but unfortunately this year I can’t. The ticket price is about two times the previous, since this one is a join concert. I don’t feel like spending that much money to see other random groups and I still have to mind the transportation and accommodation expenses because I’m not living in Jakarta anymore. It is even a peak season now; a one way flight ticket would cost more than the concert ticket itself.

credit: cuvismag and AbsoluteMBLAQ
And oh, the pink-haired guy a.k.a. Thunder was my inspiration to write this and this flashfic. The story was  based on (my interpretation of) his personal life, including the girl character who is another real life female idol close to him. I even wrote a unfinished fanfic about those two in Asianfanfics and surprisingly gained quite a number of subscribers.

The only reason I stopped is because the female idol who I initially thought would be the perfect match for him got into a scandal with another male idol. What a bummer. But I take it as a lesson, because now when I think about it, I came across as a little bit delusional on that matter. Haha.

P.S. I wrote this post last night but I just got info this afternoon: the join concert where MBLAQ supposedly come got canceled. Or delayed? I don't know. Nevertheless, it won't happen anytime soon. I do feel bad for my fellow Kpop fans who eagerly waited for this concert, but I also feel some kind of satisfaction because I'm not the only one who can't see them. Guilty pleasure, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?