Tuesday, March 05, 2013

Internet Persona

Do you ever have a crush to someone over the internet?

Honestly, I do. The latest is this half-German guy who runs a cool site and thankfully never reveals his self pictures or real name. Hey, don't blame me. Blame their (yes, there have been more than one) internet personas. 

Internet persona is what they call for your identity or the way you behave on the internet. I'm sure you must have at least that one person on Twitter following who shows up every time you open the timeline, but in real life you may never hear him/her speaking. Or that one guy/girl you think as nice and sweet suddenly turns to be a cursing machine. 


That's why I use a pseudonym on my internet persona. You could make it up as you want, and it could be very deviated from your real life persona, but who cares? No one would ever know. Okay, mine is not really pseudonym-ish (thanks to the Anon from Anonymity post who spills my beans) but at least when someone I just met decides to look me up on the internet, the show up results will be from my actual real life name, not this lame cutesy internet persona name, which has been doing things I couldn't define as noble.

Okay, what's the point of this post again? Oh yeah, crush. I think it's perfectly normal for you (or particularly,  me) having a crush to someone you don't know in real life based on his/her internet persona. I mean, maybe I'm basically easy to impress, but on the net, it's a snap for someone to cover their flaws and only showing their good qualities. Hence the internet crush.

But that's when you have to stop. Just crush. Don't even think about serious relationship when it's only their on screen personalities you learn to know. I know a friend who builds a relationship without even meet just once and they end up.... well, I don't know how they end up. It's just silly so I stop keeping track since she's not really a close friend of mine.

Anyway, who am I to give dating tips?? This is crazy. Maybe I eat too much broccoli; I like it because it is good to prevent cancer risk and cure my panda's eyes, but it could lead to mental retardation. Mental retardation, oh my God, like I don't already have any mental issues.

6 comments:

  1. Gue pernah kayak gitu. Pas jaman-jaman SMA. Baca ini jadi nostalgia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, iya, SMA jaman-jaman labil sih, ya, jadi gampang suka sama orang :))

      Delete
    2. Labil dan delusional. Ketemu orang yang baik dan obrolannya asik langsung suka. Parahnya lagi, jadi suka bayangin orang itu aslinya seganteng apa... (Eh, ini gue curhat ya?)

      Delete
    3. Curhat banget :))
      Tapi berarti emang tipikal cewek umur segitu ya, soalnya saya juga, hahaha.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous4:59 PM

    I do :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoever you are, well, good for you! ... I guess. Haha.

      Delete

What do you think?