Monday, December 10, 2012

Are You Ready?

Some people are finicky about going to the theater alone, but I’m not. Because when the lights go down, the only relationship left in the room is the one between the movie and me.  Anna and The French Kiss
I think I'm going to do it again soon. Going to theater alone, I mean. I did it a while back as a form of getaway.

No, there's nothing wrong with my life I need to get away from, and it's not like I don't have friends to accompany me to go. Things are just simpler when you're doing it by yourself, right? Well, several things. And this going-to-see-a-movie thingy is one of them. 

One thing that concerns me is the chance of surprise encounter with my other friends in theater. They're going to ask questions like, "Why are you here alone?" with the unnecessary pitying look on their face. Because they are with their beloved friends, or boyfriend/girlfriend, or crush, or family, or anyone, while I stand there completely alonewhich is not a sin, by the way.

Now that I think, does what everyone think of me really matter? If the answer is no, then I'm ready to go. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?