Friday, May 04, 2012

Yellow

It was 9:00 PM and the full moon in the night sky looked so yellow. My favorite coloronce, before this night. I had no bad feelings, well, maybe because what happened next wasn't considered as a bad thing.

He called me right before the clock turned 9:01. I picked up the call immediately, thought this was just his usual random chatting after hours of hard work in the office. I even prepared some stories; what happened to me in the cake shop, old friend who ordered 7 levels wedding cake, and every little things I found amusing today.

"Are you still up?" was his first question. It caught me off guard.

"Who sleeps at 9 PM?" I asked back jokingly, tried to push off the thought of him being weird.

"Haha, just maybe."

It was a forced laugh, I should have known. "So, how's your day?"

"Nothing special." Silence for a moment. "Can I meet you, like, right now? I'll come by your house. I have... something important to tell you."

And that was it, I knew. I stopped trying to think positive. This was positive: He's going to write me off.

"I know what you want to tell me." I couldn't believe I just said that.

"Um? No, you don't."

"You're gonna dump me for your pretty next-door girl."

And yes, of course I was right. The girl had always been  his main topic these few days. I was just in denial before, but I totally knew that he was in love... no, he was crazy of her.

"Dump you? Why would I dump you? You're my only close friend, Re. I wouldn't have anyone else to go if I lost you."

My throat went dry, "I know, right."

It was one yellow moon night in my busy little town I would never forget. I was only his friendclose friend, as what he liked to sayand that was it.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Well, I was just seriously bored. :p

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. ahaha, noo.

    i just feel it's like a sinister.. :p
    maybe just coincidence. hihihi.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?