Tuesday, February 14, 2023

The Scary Things

I'm tired of pretending I'm not scared.

All this time, I've convinced myself that the choices I've taken were based on my sense of self-preservation; that they were all the wise things to do to protect myself from getting myself hurt.

They're not. What I've done was just running away. Because I thought if I didn't see it then I wouldn't have to face it, that it wasn't even real. 

I hate that I always put a limiter to myself, thinking I would never be able to this thing or that thing just because my stupid brain decides to imagine the worst case scenario ever happening. 

It was pretty scary, but maybe I could've handled it. 

I hate that the thoughts only came when the moments passed, not at the time where I was supposed to make the decision.

I hate that I always shut down every opportunity that comes my way because I think I am not good enough. 

I hate that I know that I'm not good enough, but I should've also known that I could always try to change that.

Maybe I could be better. Maybe if I put my mind to it, I could also do it.

Maybe I actually want those things that I pretend I don't care about.

But I'm scared, I'm still scared. 

***

written after a mini panic attack. my hands are still shaking a little, but i think i calmed down a lot, thanks to writing all this down. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?